Thursday 13 January 2011

How long people spend on websites?

I wasn't aware of these statistics but the average time people spend on a website is 4seconds. Our society has become more demanding and more impatient and we expect to find what we're looking for nearly immediately!
If the website doesn't make an impression in this time people are quick to close the window.
Being aware of these statistic is very important in the creation of a website. In my opinion the first thing people want to see on a Designers site is they're work.
Below are a few guidelines that will lead me through my design process.

  • Visitor can quickly determin what the site is about;
  • Make the portfolio the first page;.
  • Simple navigational system;
  • Easy to contact me;
  • Make it look captivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment